The eMINTS National Center provides high-quality, topic-specific professional development workshops for schools, districts and other entities. All professional development is delivered by eMINTS instructional specialists.
To design a more comprehensive professional development, contact the eMINTS office. eMINTS instructional specialists will meet with district educators, facilitate a needs assessment and design a customized program.
Plan ahead – Please note that all requests must be processed and finalized at least three weeks before the requested PD/consultation dates.
Expanded series – iPad PD from eMINTS
The eMINTS National Center offers inspiring professional development which focuses on using the iPad as an instructional tool. Instructional staff from the eMINTS National Center will collaborate with district educators to customize topics to meet their needs.
Sessions are designed to last from one to six hours.
(may be combined to equal full- or multiple-day sessions)
- Basic technology integration
- Classroom communication
- Inquiry-based learning/teaching
- Internet resources (basic) – searching, evaluating, using
- Contemporary literacy (Internet resources advanced) – search strategies & tools
- Microsoft® Office® tools (Excel®) – classroom integration
- Microsoft® Office® tools (PowerPoint®) – classroom integration
- Microsoft® Office® tools (Word®,) – classroom integration
- Online projects
- SMART Board™ (basic)
- SMART Board™ (advanced)
- Digital Storytelling Camp (3 days)
- WebQuests (intro, revise, create) (3 days)
- Websites (plan, create, publish) (3 days)
- Creating a comprehensive professional development/technology plan (3 days)
Create your own PD
Work with eMINTS staff to develop customized professional development sessions to meet your group’s needs.
Designed to help educators develop a deeper understanding of how to improve learning with technology integration and promote systemic change in their schools and districts.
To start the process, submit an online request form ….